Friday, March 21, 2014

Gone Girl: Thriller Lovers Need to Read This!

Gone Girl was a story with great characters that had me going through an emotional roller coaster.  If you love books that mess with your head and get you obsessed with trying to figure out the mystery yourself, this book is perfect.  The author really did a good job at writing this book and the complexity amazes me.  I've read a good few books this year and a few decent ones and I never thought I would find a book that would get me excited to read again.  The story introduces characters and the way you see them in the beginning is completely altered throughout the book.  You would never guess these normal people, through their actions, would seem to be killers or anything.  These characters really open up your eyes to the mind games a mystery book plays and it's quite addicting.  The book is getting a movie which hopefully won't ruin the complexity and the psychological elements that you can only see in the book (however most movies are never as good as the book).  I really liked the diary entries of Amy because they were very enthusiastic and showed how some writers actually think.
In recent news, the book gained a new ending.  I have not read the second ending, but I do not really like when an author makes a second ending.  This shows that the author was uncertain that the first was good enough and didn't trust their work.  It may add a different perspective, but it shows that the book wasn't really complete when it first came out.  Breaking Bad did this as well and it left me feeling unsatisfied.  I doubt I will read the second ending as I will love the book for what it was.

No comments:

Post a Comment